Google is changing the SEO game for June!
1. GOOGLE IS ALL SET TO USE MOBILE-FIRST INDEXING BY DEFAULT FOR ALL NEW SITES
It’s true; come July 1st, Google will, by default, use its mobile Googlebot to index all the new sites that come online. This move will help ensure that the users’ needs are placed at the forefront. Besides, Mobile-First indexing is something that Google has already been doing with over half of the search results anyway.
Want to Find Out Whether Your Site is Being Indexed by the Mobile Bot?
Chances are, if your site is responsive and mobile-friendly, then it is already being indexed using the mobile bot and you have nothing to worry about. However, if you still want to check whether your site is being indexed using Mobile-First indexing, then it is fairly easy to do so.
Normally, you will receive an email notifying you that your site has been migrated. In case you missed the mail, you can check using Google's URL inspection tool. All you have to do is add your homepage URL in the top search bar in Google Search Console account and hit enter.
2. GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE NOW COMES WITH 3 NEW STRUCTURED DATA REPORTS
Coding errors can pop up anytime and Google is all set to make it easier for us to realize when we have one on our hands. In an effort to offer more transparency on how our structured data is actually performing, Google has added three new reports to its Search Console. These new reports are as follows:
1. Logo Enhancement Report– If you are using Logo Markup, this report will provide you with details pertaining to the performance and/or errors around your Logo Markup.
2. Sitelinks Searchbox Enhancement Report – This report has been put in place to provide you with insight into the performance and/or errors around your Search Action Markup.
3. Unparsable Structured Data Report– This error report has been designed to enable you to analyze and resolve issues around markup codes that fail to pass Google’s testing.
As long as your site has these specific markups, you will be able to find these reports listed under the Enhancements tab in Search Console.
Why we need these reports?
It is fairly common for an error to pop up even after you run a new code through Google’s Structured Testing Tool. These new reports give you a comprehensive breakdown of when Google first discovered the error, the pages with the error and even what the error looks like.
However, while you are trying to see whether you have been able to successfully troubleshoot the markup coding issues in your site, you need to bear in mind that the reports take time to update. It can take around a week or more for the updated page code to reflect on the reports even after you Validate a Fix.
3. GOOGLE LAUNCHES CALL AUTOMATION SERVICE FOR LOCAL BUSINESSES
Area 120, Google’s experimental products group, introduces a new call automation service – CallJoy.
Here’s a breakdown of how it will work…
· Post a quick setup, you will receive a local phone number.
· CallJoy will immediately filter calls that matter and start blocking unwanted spam calls.
· An automated agent will answer calls that matter the most, greet the callers with a custom message and provide basic information related to your business, like days of operation, services available, etc.
· If the customer would like to place an online order or book an appointment, the virtual agent will send him/her an SMS containing the URL for the concerned task.
· The calls will be recorded and transcribed for quality purposes regardless of whether the callers interact directly with you or speak to the CallJoy agent.
These features will make it easier for business owners to tag and search each conversation based on the topic. For instance, a restaurant owner is most likely to search how many times a day callers placed orders for a particular dish.
CallJoy also compiles your data in an online dashboard and mails you a daily update including metrics like volume, new vs returning callers, etc.
At an economical fee of $39/per month, CallJoy promises to deliver customer services for small businesses that were previously available only to larger corporations.
4. HAVE YOU CHECKED THE AUTOMATED ADS TOOL ON FACEBOOK YET?
A new Automated Ads tool was announced by Facebook recently. The social networking site claims it to be of great help in creating result driven ads.
The Tool Will Have Following Features:
· Suggestions to create up to 6 different versions of your ad.
o Call-to-action buttons
o Other creative details
(Facebook will show the best-performing version, once the ad is active)
· Tailored audience recommendations based on the information available on your page.
· Budget recommendations that are likely to generate results as per your goals.
(Your own budget can also be shared to determine the estimated results)
Receive timely notifications to help you understand how your ads are performing and how you can improve them.